August 30, 2010

Commomerative Forum of The Historic Moratorium March

Question #1. I wonder how the people fought off the police brutality and racism that was going on?

Question #2. My response to what the African American veteran said is that, I think he said that because at his hood he was fighting with his own people and at Vietnam they were fighting with the wrong enemy. In Vietnam there wasn't any problem the problem was in the U.S. with the racism and inequality that was going on.

Question #3. The similar issues that should be marched are the same of racism, inequality, police brutality and the race profiling also the anti-immigrants laws.

Question #4. I enjoyed going because I saw an old teacher that I had in my old school, I didn't know he was part of the rasist Vietnam protest. I liked when a speaker said "The president is the same white system but with a brown face" he said that because many people thought that having a black president will make things better or change things but he has deported more people than the previous president. I also liked when they said "Immigrants built California, we didn't cross the border it crossed us."

No comments: